2019 TOURNAMENT RULES
USA Hockey Official Rules of Play will govern all play except as stated below:
- Mites and Squirts, 12 minute stop time.
- Pee Wee and Bantam 15 minute stop time.
- Each team will permitted one (1) 45-second time out per game.
- Mites and Squirts: Minor 1 1⁄2 minutes, Major 3 minutes, Misconduct 6 minutes
- All Others: Minor 2 minutes, Major 5 minutes, Misconduct 10 minutes
- Any player receiving 4 penalties in a game will be removed for the remainder of the game.
- A player from the offending player’s team will be required to serve the 4th penalty. A Major penalty or Checking From Behind penalty count as 2 penalties.
- FIGHTING or INTENT TO INJURE:
- Automatic Game Misconduct. Player discharged for remainder of game in which fight or intent to injure occurs , and the next game.
- If a team has 15 penalties in one game, the head coach will be removed for the remainder of that game, and the next.
- RUNNING TIME:
- After the first period, a six (6) goal lead will result in run time.
- Clock will stop to record goals, during penalties, and in case of injury.
- SHOW UP TIMES:
- We ask that all teams be at the rink and ready to play 15 minutes before their scheduled game time. Games may be started early when time permits. Coaches are responsible to review, verify and sign the game rosters and score sheets before each game.
- WARM-UP / RESURFACING:
- A four-minute warm-up will be permitted at the beginning of each game.
- Ice will be resurfaced between games for mites, squirts, peewees and bantams.
- A one-minute period break will be used between periods and a two-minute period break will be used between the 3rd period and overtime if applicable.
- All players must wear helmets with the HECC approved facemask at all times while on the ice.
- Internal mouth guards are required and must be colored, not clear.
- Win = 3 points, Tie = 1 point, Loss = 0 points
- Ties will be allowed to stand in the 2 pool games. If there is a tie in total points, the following criteria will be used to break the tie to determine placement:
- Head to Head
- Fewest Goals Allowed
- Fewest Penalties minutes
- Most Goals (no team will be credited with more than a 7 goal differential per game)
- Coin Toss
- OVERTIMES: (non-pool play)
- Five (5) minute sudden death, 4 on 4 with goalies, two minute break
- Three Player Shootout (Only players who haven’t scored in game or overtime are eligible; once all players have shot, regulation game goal scores may participate
The TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR (or in his/her absence his/her designee) will settle any disputes. The director (or designee) also has the authority to switch to run time, or change ice resurfacing schedules if any tournament gets significantly behind the posted schedule. The Tournament Director can NOT overturn decisions made on the ice by officiating crew during the game.